Gmail is a great free email service offered by Google. As is the case with all the services around the world, it has its own set of pros and cons. Talking of the negatives, one of the problems that almost every Gmail user must have faced during his or her usage is the Gmail Login issues – Users are not able to login into their Gmail accounts. Though we have briefly discussed the Gmail Login Problems and their solutions in our earlier article, this article is purely dedicated to using alternative Gmail login URL’s to solve the login issues.
Here are the currently available alternative Gmail Login URL’s
2: https://www.gmail.com : It is the secure Gmail login page. Here the HTTPS refers Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure. It ensures that all your data is sent across networks in encrypted form and is safer than using the plain and simple http. Https mode in Gmail is turned on by default and uses port 443 as opposed to the port 80 used by http.
3) http://mail.google.com/mail : This is the standard Gmail URL . To understand what I mean by standard Gmail URL you need to first understand the Gmail Login Process.
Gmail Login works something like this. Whenever someone tries to login into his Gmail account with any of the URL’s mentioned in the article, he is automatically redirected to Google accounts login URL at https://www.google.com/accounts/. Once the user fills in the username and password combination he is redirected to http://mail.google.com/mail. All the activities by the users like reading messages, replying to emails, chatting with friends are carried out on this URL i.e. the standard Gmail URL.
4) https://mail.google.com/mail : This is the secure version of the standard Gmail URL. It provides 128 bit encryption for information transfers across the networks while using Gmail. By default Gmail redirects to this secured version of the standard URL , however this can be changed through the settings in users Gmail account.
5) http://gmail.google.com/gmail : In its initial days , Gmail used this URL address as the standard Gmail URL. However it changed to the current standard URL on 22nd June 2005. If you use this URL to login into your Gmail account you will be redirected to the current standard URL.
6) https://gmail.google.com.gmail : It is the secure version of the above.
7) http://mail.google.com/mail/?nocheckbrowser : Gmail has two versions – The standard version which uses Ajax heavily and thus requires modern browsers to load in full functionality and a basic HTML mode – which uses plain html and can load in almost any existing browser in the world.
At the time of login Gmail checks the browser compatibility and accordingly suggests the user to login into basic HTML mode. This URL will force Gmail skip the browser compatibility test and load in standard mode by default.
8 ) https://mail.google.com/mail/?nocheckbrowser: This is the secured version of the above alternate Gmail login URL.
9) http://mail.google.com/mail/h : You can use this alternate Gmail login URL to login into Simple or basic html mode. It lacks some of the features of the Standard Gmail version and is the recommended version if you are using a non compatible web browser or in case you have a slow internet connection. You can check out the differences between the standard Gmail mode and Basic HTML mode in our earlier article here.
10) https://mail.google.com/mail/h: This is the secure version of the above.
11) http://m.gmail.com: This is the standard Gmail URL for Mobile phone users. This is basically a stripped down version of Gmail for the users who need to login into their Gmail accounts via mobile phones. It is suited to mobile phones of all display sizes and loads pretty quickly.
It can also be used to login into Gmail in normal web browsers.
12) http://mail.google.com/mail/x/: This is another alternate Gmail URL for mobile phones and PDA users . The interface is similar to the standard alternate URL for mobile devices, the only difference being that this URL also has a secure login option.
13) https://mail.google.com/mail/x/ : Secured version of alternate Gmail URL for mobile phones and PDA.
14) https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom/ : Standard Gmail Inbox feed URL for reading the feeds with a RSS reader. You can use this URL if Use this if nothing of the above works. You can view feeds of messages in your Inbox.
15) https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail : Another Secure URL to access Gmail Login Page.
16) Gmail App for Mobiles: An advanced Java app for using Gmail on your mobile phones.Alternative Gmail Login URL’s
More Tags : gmail com/accounts/login, Alternate Gmail Log In, gmail alternative login, gmail alternate login, alternative gmail login, alternate gmail url, gmail mobile url, alternate gmail login, mobile gmail login, gmail alternative url