For the last three years I have been fully protected from viruses and trojans and outside threats because of what ? simple answer is an anti virus. In the beginning when I purchased my own PC I used to take friends CD’s and DVD’s and floppies(they were common that time) and used them in my PC but never used anti virus on my PC the result was my PC was full of these crappy little insects called as computer Viruses. I was told by someone in my friend circle about Panda Software , I downloaded Panda Platinum and used it for over a month after which it expired. I was unprotected again, and did not want to format my PC so I thought to get some other stuff.
For the simple reason, I searched for another Anti virus program then I got AVG. In beginning when I did not know anything about Credit Cards and Paypal so I was using the free edition of AVG and with the gradual increase in knowledge and resources I was able to purchase the professional edition of AVG and so I am fully updated from viruses.
Each day when my computer is online , it connects to AVG’s website and download it’s updates automatically and applies them, searches the computer for any threats or problems and reports them to me. If they are in serious category I usually delete them or disinfect them with AVG.
Some of the things which AVG does is
Real-time protection, automatic updates, low-impact background scanning for online threats, and instant quarantining or removal of infected files ensures maximum protection. Every interaction between your computer and the Internet is monitored, so nothing can get onto your system without your knowledge. AVG scans in real time:
* All files including documents, pictures and applications
* E-mails (all major email programs like MS Outlook and Thunderbird supported)
* Instant messaging and P2P communications
* File downloads and online transactions such as shopping and banking
* Search results and any other links you click on
* Anti-Virus: protection against viruses, worms and trojans
* Anti-Spyware: protection against spyware, adware and identity-theft
* Anti-Rootkit: protection against hidden threats (rootkits)
* Anti-Spam: filters out unwanted and fraudulent e-mails (anti-phishing)
* Web Shield & LinkScanner: protection against malicious websites
* Firewall: protection against hackers
* System Tools: for easy system management
I guess these all things can convince you to buy a AVG Product but if you do want to buy a free version or trial version click here.
More Tags : Antivirus|TechSimplified