Jenson asks: I have recently started using signatures in Gmail. Whenever I compose or send a message, Gmail automatically adds two dashes before the signature. It’s not annoying but is there a way I can remove these dashes from my Gmail signature?
This is what Jenson is talking about.
The default settings for signatures in Gmail haven’t been to the liking of all the users. By default Gmail
- Adds two dashes before the signature
- Converts the text colour of signature to grey
- Appends the signature at the end of all outgoing messages & to the end of threaded messages.
However you can easily remove these by using the Gmail Labs feature – Signature Tweaks. Here is a complete step by step guide
Step 1: Click on the Gears Icon on top right hand corner and select Mail Settings.
Step 2: Click on Labs Tab in the Settings Menu
Step 3: Type “Sign” in the Search for a lab search box.
Step 4: Enable the Signature Tweaks Lab Feature and click on Save Changes.
From now on your Gmail Signature:
- Will not have the two dashes.
- Won’t be grey in colour.
- Will be on the top of a message when you are replying to a conversation /threaded message, so you don’t have to copy and paste your signature from the original mail.
More Tags : for gmail why does a grey box appear for signature, remove annoying dash in gmail signature, iphone removes hypens in email, ipad gmail signature above, how to remove the -- in gmail signature, how to remove signature from gmail while replying message, how to remove -- in gmail signature, how to remove -- from gmail signature, how do i get rid of those annoying two dashes in gmail, how do I delete two annoying dashes on gmail signature